Friday, June 5, 2009

Kieran needs more sleep! and so do I!

UGH! This child, I am not sure what is going on, but he is totally off his routine and it is not cause we don't follow it. He won't go to bed before 9-930pm and he has been getting up at 540am. He still naps most days but usually not for that long, maybe 1.5 hours. He is a whiney, tired, and clingy mess. I am not sure what to do with him any more- We put him to bed like usual and the kid stays awake singing, talking, and "reading" for at least an hour or more. Then he is up so early and rarely falls back to sleep, so by late morning he is starting to break down. I still put him in for naps and some days he sleeps for an hour and others 2, but generally 1.5 like I said. So, I am at my wits end. I am tired and cranky myself and not sure what to do to get him to get on a better pattern. We are going to try getting him a clock and seeing if we can train him to go to bed at a certain time and not get up until a certain time too. I just don't think 8 hours a night is enough for an almost 3 year old.
Any ideas, I will take them!
Nothing much going on-
I have to get back into my gym routine, I have not been going nearly enough and I can feel it. Hopefully next week will be better and less rainy!
K:)

No comments:

Post a Comment