Some other memories have from my childhood was Christmas', they were always so much fun! I can remember coming down stairs and seeing what Santa brought me. The fun of having my extended family at my house for Christmas Eve, and then going to my Aunt Mickie's the next day. I loved going to my Aunt Mickie's~! Even though she has been gone for over 10 years and my uncle still lives in the house, it will always be AUNT MICKIE'S! I love you, Uncle Kevin, but that Aunt Mickie knew how to do Christmas!
Another thing I remember is my grandmother living with us and sending me to Rite Aid, down the block, with a note to buy her cigarettes. In the 80s you could do things like that, scary huh? Or making sure I came right home from school or she would send the neighbors out to look for me. The wooden spoon on the table, always near by so that if you got on her nerves she did not have to chase you, she would just smack you as you walked by. Sure it sounds horrible, but really it wasn't. She never really hurt you, but you knew not to mess with her and if she started to tap the spoon on the table, watch out, you were in TROUBLE!
Another memory is this- after years of sharing a room with my sister, she FINALLY moved out! WOOHOOO!!!!! I had my own room, but then she tried to move back in, UH NO! No Way! No how! So to shut me up, yup I was a spoiled brat to a degree(hey, not my fault my brothers and sisters were much older than me and did whatever I wanted, they could have said no,lol), my mother shared a room with her until she moved back out. But, let me tell you, I used to have to sleep in between my two sisters on a trundle bed because we were 5 kids and one mom in a 3 bedroom, one bath house, so finally getting my OWN room was HUGE to me and I was 10 or so when it happened.
Ahhh, like I said before, I had a good childhood with lots of good memories!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment