Well, the last two weeks have been a bit caotic for my family, Mike had a job offer and was trying to figure out what to do, but he has accepted and starts tomorrow. He will be a government Officer and he is very excited about a new chapter in his career and what is so great is that when the economy picks back up he can always go back to public accounting if he wants or heck he may like the government. I know I like the benefits and that I no longer have to pay a ridiculous amount of money each month for health insurance, lol!
Then last week we went to Hershey Park with Kieran and even though we lost a day to rain, we had a blast. We are now trying to plan a Disney Trip since we hope to have a baby next year and won't go for a few years after that- Here is a review of Hershey Park-
Ok, so we got there Wednesday evening and just went for pizza and then went to bed early since it was raining- We ate at a place called A&M pizza good pizza-
Thursday it was pouring so we went to breakfast at the Hershey Pantry and then headed to the Hershey Story Museum- breakfast was great, museum was a rip off- DON'T BOTHER with young kids- age should be about 5-6 I think-
then we went over to Chocolate World and had a blast- Kieran loved it all-
went back to the hotel to relax and freshen up for dinner- which we went to a little place called Pavones and it was very yummy! and then we headed to Adventure Sports for some go carting and mini golf- got to ride the go carts, but got rained out of mini golf- so another early night-
Friday- breakfast- then went to Hershey Park for opening and had a blast on the rides, saw some shows, ate some lunch/dinner- and played! FUN FUN FUN!
then we headed back after closing to the hotel and were able to listen to bruce Springsteen from our room since the stadium he was at was so close and very open and the sound carried- IT was a great show, lol! FOR FREE!
Watched Prison break and passed out!
Got two nice blisters and then in this morning- we tried to go to Lancaster, but only found a very modernized city and then came home- sat in traffic, Kieran lost it in the car and now are hanging out and getting ready for a street fair and play date tomorrow!
YEAH!
Kieran is doing well, but we had a huge fiasco with his OT and had to request a new provider- some more details-
So, after she was an hour late last week and Kieran had such a bad reaction to her, we were very skeptical, but decided to give it one more week- our appointment was 1030am on Tues. I waited until 11 am and still no sign of her or a phone call, so I called my service coordinator and told her that I was very upset and unsure what to do, she asked that I speak to the OT about the lateness when she arrived and to let her know how it went later that day or Wednesday and we could take it from there. So, I agreed and then the OT never called or showed up and I had to be somewhere to be so I left. I get home to a message saying she could not make it there was an emergency and she read her schedule wrong, it was like two lies commingling. So, I called my coordinator the next morning and left a message saying we wanted her taken off our case and a new one assigned. Then the OT called about 20 times that day alone, besides the one message from Tuesday- but since we were busy getting ready to leave for Hershey, I just let it go to voice mail,plus I wanted to hear from my coord. first.
Ok, so we are getting breakfast on Thursday and the nut called me on my cell phone saying she went to the house and we were not there and she was concerned that we had not rescheduled yet and so I checked the home machine, and there were 4 messages from her and one saying why were we not home for our appointment, WE DID NOT HAVE AN APPOINTMENT, you missed you NUT JOB! So, I got on the phone with our coordinator and told her that we were very uncomfortable with her and her incessant calling and coming by the house and had she been at our appointment she would have known we were going away. Then I get a call from her agency saying she is very concerned as she has not gotten in touch with us and I told the girl all that was going on and how we wanted NOTHING to do with her anymore- that she was not a good fit and we wanted a new therapist IMMEDIATELY!- She agreed and we are getting a new therapist this week-
OMG! this woman is a loose canon and I knew there was something wrong when Kieran reacted so badly, which he very ver RARELY does.
So, that is it and hopefully we can have a better relationship with the new one.
Interesting couple of weeks right,lol?!?
I am excited to get back to a routine, but had fun this past week at Hershey!
I will be adding more in the next couple of days too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment